Saturday 26 September 2015

C is for culottes


When last year culottes came banging in as the pants of the season I wasn’t even bothered to stop and consider them as a trend (although they were) much less a possible outfit option for myself.

so...do you like culottes ? Not pants, nor shorts, or skirts, not too long, not too short (actually past the knees is the length), hot in the 60s, 70s, and, as my little brain recalls 80s as well.

It’s a tricky trend. Everyone seems to be scared or reluctant to wear one. 

I haven’t been too keen that culottes are a midi length (ending at my calves) which usually makes me look short, truncated and like I accidentally wore my son’s pants.

I also didn’t like the voluminous silhouette, because that style usually works against my short, petite body shape  ( makes me look fat).

Plus I had a fear that culottes would make me look like clown or a hippy.

But hey, when I tried a few pairs of these culottes, I discovered that they’re not that bad. Quite nice and elegant actually! I really liked this one too.

I like that they look tailored, smart and polished. I liked that they looked like mid length skirt. And I like that I can wear a bit more skin up the top to balance it off.
they look quite cute right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers